Monday, November 23, 2009

Update



Well, we have made it through the weekend without having to deliver the babies. Isn't it crazy how exciting it can be just to make it through another day. Sunday was a bit more eventful than what we had planned on, especially since we thought we were going home on Saturday evening. I started contracting again yesterday morning and was quickly sent down to Labor and Delivery for further monitoring. Fortunately they were able to stop the contractions and I was able to return to my regular room. The only problem with going down to labor and delivery is that they stop all food and drinking as well, so I didn't get to eat all until 4:00 p.m. yesterday. I swear they are trying to starve all of the pregnant ladies here. Fortunately, the girls are still doing well. They don't seem to be stressed at all even with the contractions. They are getting pretty tricky and like to wiggle out from under the ultrasound probes during the non-stress tests. We are so excited to get to see them, but would rather have them get a bit bigger before we do. Thanks to all of you who have been inquiring about how we are doing and for all the prayers.

3 comments:

Candace said...

Good luck, Melissa! I'm sorry to hear that you are on bed rest and (even worse) in the hospital!! I look forward to meeting the girls in another month or so. Take care!!!

Brooke Bowen said...

Is that a contraction being measured?! That looked like a bad one! I just read a really good book and I got one for you, now I just need to get it to you.

Unknown said...

Lookin good. :)