Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bed Rest


Well I guess we all knew there was a good chance that I would land myself on bed rest at some point in time during this pregnancy, I was just hoping it was not this soon. Yesterday I went in for my routine appt and found that I was 80% effaced, dilated to 1 1/2 and was contracting every 2-3 minutes. That quickly landed me a bed in the hospital. Fortunately they have been able to stop the contractions at this point and I have already had 1 dose of steroids to help mature the babies lungs. I am not exactly sure how long they are planning to keep me here, but figure my routine at home isn't going to be much more exciting. I guess on the flip side, I will be able to keep the blog updated more often to try to ward off my boredom. We are just praying our little girls have a few more weeks to mature before making their big debut.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

We will be praying for you and the babies! I can't believe how fast the time has flown so far. I have approx. 4 weeks left and you have 8. Hold them in there a little longer!! Maybe all 3 girls will be born on the same day! :) Love to you, the girls, and John!

Unknown said...

Yes, an update on the blog. Although, not in the best circumstances. We are thinking of you. Give me a call.

Casey and Rebecca said...

Our thoughts are with you, John, and your little girls! We are excited for all of the babies that will be arriving in the next couple of months! Stay strong!