Sunday, September 13, 2009

Wasatch 100


This weekend John and Mike ran the Wasatch 100 Endurance Run. I think you have to be somewhat crazy to even consider taking on such a task. The race started at 5:00 a.m. on Friday and they allot 36 hours to complete the race. The race consists of running up and down several mountains to take you from Kaysville to Midway. Karen and I were in charge of crewing our guys! We had a lot of fun doing it. John unfortunately had to pull out of the race at mile 53 due to dehydration (down 10 lbs) and big blisters on his feet. Congrats to Mike who finished the race with 21 minutes to spare. I am so proud of John for making it 53 miles. Most people wouldn't be able to run back to back marathons, especially one that goes up and down mountains. Good job guys!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go John!!! We are so impressed!! You are amazing!

Armstrong said...

Wow, that is amazing to even enter a race like that let alone run more than 50 miles. Congrats John We are very impressed!

My brother-in-law ran it also for the second year in a row. I guess it must give you some kind of an adrenaline rush???

Brooke Bowen said...

I can't even imagine! Great job John!

katie k hymas said...

Good work! Seriously, I think anyone who does this needs to be automatically admitted to the psyche unit though... it's not normal!