Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Nicaragua









So as most of you know John and I along with a few other people are in the process of building a beach house in Nicaragua. It is suppose to be finished either late spring or early summer 2009. So we decided to make the trip out here to see what it is all about. We arrived in Managua on Saturday, spent the night there and had a driver take us to Rancho Santna where we rented a house just down the street from where we are building. We are certainly happy that we had a driver, as the trip was quite the adventure, especially the last 30K that was on a dirt road. I think we ended up driving through 6 rivers and tried to avoid some of the biggest pot holes that I have ever seen. John and the rest of the crew went surfing yesterday. We arrived at one of several surf beaches to find we had it all to ourselves with the exception of all the crabs. It was beautiful. Apparently the surf has not been that great according to those who have been here before. Hopefully we will have some pictures of the house on the next post.

3 comments:

Adrian Wolfgramm said...

What you are on vacation, in Nicaragua and you find time to POST?!? You're crazy but I must say that I do enjoy the play by play!

Brooke Bowen said...

oh how I love the beach! I hope you had a great time!

Candace said...

Again, I must state my extreme envy. I am glad that you had a good time and I can't wait to hear all about it.