Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bonjour!!!

The view from the Arc De Triumph



John and I just got home from a week in Europe. We spent the first few days of our trip in a small town in Germany called Karlsrule. John did some surgery while we were there and we were also able to see a few small towns along the way. We drove on the Autobahn, something I have always wanted to do, it was good that I wasn't doing the driving. I think our top speed was 200 kilometers/hour. The second half of our trip was spent in Paris where we got to be tourists. We had a great time seeing all of the sites and grabbing a bite to eat on a sidewalk cafe. The people watching was great. After climbing all 680 stairs to get to the second floor of the Eiffel tower we ran into a group of American teenage girls who suggested the above pose for our picture in front of the tower.

This picture was taken on a quick visit to Heidelberg, Germany. It was super cold while we were there. I definitely wasn't prepared for the cold weather, but I did end up getting a cute new sweater out of the deal.

3 comments:

Brooke Bowen said...

how fun to get away! I'm excited to hear about all the Europe details. Happy Anniversary soon!!!

katie k hymas said...

okay, seriously... you guys do more cool stuff. Your trip sounds almost as fun as our weekend in Idaho. :) looks like a pretty amazing time!

Morgan said...

One word is all that comes to my mind is JEALOUS!! JK it looks like you guys had a great time!